Landgoed ‘t Haveke was first mentioned in 1481, when “Herman ter Havick” made his wife a present on the occasion of the wedding, in addition to a large sum of money.
Around 1860, the old house was demolished and “Het Haveke” rebuilt. Then the owners made some changes to the house and in 1948 it came into the possession of the family of the Counts of Rechteren-Limpurg-Speckfeld.
The park surrounding the house, designed by the famous landscape architect L. A. Springer, is a natural monument and open to the public. The buildings and park are listed as a “Rijksmonument”.